Maricopa County Chairman’s Private Email About Mises Caucus!
On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 11:52 PM Brandon Slayton, MCLP Chairman <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
As you are aware, the growth of the Libertarian Party is one of our shared goals, regardless of what wing of the LP tent one falls under.
That is, unless…. It is that damned Mises Caucus !!!
No doubt you all have heard of the Mises Caucus, right?! This diabolical group is rumored to have plans on destroying the precious status quo that is the current state of the Libertarian Party.
I heard they are organizing in Arizona (supposedly?) later this month. I can’t believe they are already in our neck of the woods. I can hear Tom Woods and Dave Smith’s voices echoing in my head already. Oy vey! What are we going to do?!!
Please, for the sake of ensuring limited growth as a party. Do not let the following fall into the hands of anyone involved with the Mises Caucus. At all!!! This is serious!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!
- Do not tell them that registering to vote as a Libertarian allows them to be appointed as a Precinct Committee Member. (Of course, only if their precinct has a vacancy.)
- Don’t share this link with them, the page on our website that explains the process of being appointed a Precinct Committee Member in detail: https://lpmaricopa.org/precinct-committee-member/
- Please don’t share how the Maricopa County Libertarian Party has monthly business meetings on the 2nd Monday of each month. And that they can join via Zoom (and in-person, soon) to learn how to get involved on the county and state level.
- Keep them in the dark about how Arizona elects our delegates to the Libertarian National Convention! If they found out how Arizona Delegates are elected, it may motivate them to participate in everything we do!
- Above all else, do not tell them to become a dues-paying member of the National Libertarian Party. Which would have the direct effect of increasing the number of delegates Arizona sends to Reno in 2022! If Arizona has more delegates, then there are more opportunities for these people to join the party and shape the direction of its future! *shudder*
As you can see, there are way too many opportunities for the Mises Caucus to come and ruin our perfect Libertarian Party.
Let’s keep it that way!
Without any seriousness, duh
Chairman of the Maricopa County Libertarian Party
PS: Maricopa County is the 2nd largest voting jurisdiction in the country. We all know that Arizona has some ingrained libertarian leanings. There is a great opportunity to grow the party, improve messaging, get candidates on the ballot.. etc. etc… Best to not risk doing any of that with Mises Caucus people. I don’t believe in Libertarian purity tests, but….
PSS: For the sake of anyone who hasn’t gotten the point by now, this satirical post is done in jest. In actuality, I want every follower of the Libertarian Party Mises Caucus to complete each step above. We have statists to fight and apathy to cure.