PROCESS TO BECOME A PRECINCT COMMITTEEMAN
You MUST file your 2022 PC Paperwork with the Maricopa County Libertarian Party
Precinct Committeemen are elected officers within the Libertarian Party.
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
- A registered voter in Maricopa County.
- You should want to help grow the Libertarian Party, help educate the public on Libertarian philosophy and candidates, help people register with the Libertarian Party, and help Libertarian Party candidates.
WHY IT MATTERS:
- Participate in the decision-making process in the Party.
- Vote for the leadership of the County Party.
- Gain experience or greater responsibility within the Party in the future.
- Grow the Grassroots of the Party by participating on the local level.
- Educate voters in your precinct about the Libertarian Party, its candidates, and issues.
PC Statement of Candidacy paperwork must be turned in by April 18th, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Learn more on the Maricopa County Elections Department website.
Step 2: Submit completed Statement of Candidacy by April 18, 2022!
Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Check this page starting April 1, 2022 to confirm your filing status.
Why the Change?
Pursuant to the signing of HB 2839, AN ACT AMENDING SECTION 16-322, ARIZONA REVISED STATUTES
Sec. 4. 2022 election cycle; precinct committeemen; county party committee; board of supervisors
Notwithstanding any other law, for the 2022 election for political party precinct committeemen only, the following apply:
1. Candidates for precinct committeeman shall submit to their county political party committee a nomination paper or other similar written statement of candidacy not later than April 18, 2022 and shall not be required to submit a nomination petition or file other documents with a filing officer.
2. The county political party committee shall verify the potential candidates’ eligibility based on the April 1 voter registration totals prescribed by section 16-168, subsection G, Arizona Revised Statutes.
3. Not later than May 2, 2022, the county political party committee shall submit to the county board of supervisors one precinct committeeman candidate’s name for each election precinct in the county for appointment pursuant to section 16-410 and section 16-822, subsection B, Arizona Revised Statutes. The county political party committee is the sole determiner of the single political party precinct committeeman candidate whose name is to be submitted for appointment from each election precinct in the county.
4. The county board of supervisors shall appoint the political party precinct committeemen from the names submitted pursuant to paragraph 3 of this section. Precinct committeemen who are appointed pursuant to this section for the 2022 term of office are deemed elected precinct committeemen for all purposes.
5. For any vacancies in the office of precinct committeeman that occur during the 2022 term of office, the county political party committee shall appoint eligible persons to fill those vacancies and shall maintain a current roster of precinct committeemen for the remainder of the 2022 term, and no further action regarding vacancies is required by the county board of supervisors.
Sec. 5. Emergency
This act is an emergency measure that is necessary to preserve the public peace, health or safety and is operative immediately as provided by law.